Clyde Cameron Reserve is a park in Wodonga maintained by the Wodonga Council. Clyde Cameron Reserve Group is a small Landcare group of local residents who volunteer to help with the development and maintenance of the Reserve.
Our volunteer members work with students and teachers from the Catholic College Wodonga and the Wodonga Council to plant and maintain indigenous vegetation.
Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Well opening at Clyde Cameron ReserveWe had an interesting historical event which took place on Thursday the 18th of May at the Clyde Cameron Reserve. It was the official unveiling of the restoration of the Heckendorf family’s water well which dates back to the 1880’s. This water well was vital to the family dairy farm supplying fresh milk to Wodonga…
- Before & afterClyde Cameron Reserve always looks much better after weeding and mulching by the Catholic College students and the Landcare volunteers.
- Student help in the reserve
- Some dry weather for Jan & Feb 2023With the relatively good weather for Jan and Feb the CCR landcare group has been able to successfully complete maintenance work in the reserve. There has been plenty of weeding, whipper snipping, spraying, tree restaking and general clean ups.
- Repair in Nov 2022After the November flood there was a lot of work to be done. Here are some photos of the CCR landcare group restaking the trees that survived the flooding. And a photo of one poor tree that didn’t survive the flooding – there were many more like this! The council then organised the cutting up…
- A wet 2022 for CCRRain, rain, rain… We had a very wet 2022. Clyde Cameron Reserve was flooded several times and a lot of damage was done to our older trees and newly planted trees. The older trees often just fell over as the roots couldn’t hold firm in the wet earth. The small trees, bushes or grasses were…
- Feb 1 2022 StormAfter a heavy downpour yet again there is more damage to Clyde Cameron Reserve. This time it’s mainly the trees that have suffered the damage. Many trees have been blown down with the force of the wind and rain.
- More Stormy WeatherWe’ve already had 2 bad storms in January and last night Sat 29th Jan we had another one causing more damage in Clyde Cameron and surrounding reserves. We’ve had 275mm of rain this month, 35mm last Friday and 83.5mm last night at CCR. Last Monday the CCR landcare group worked industriously to try and clear…
- Paving at the WellOn Friday Jan 28th the well surrounds were paved. A very hot and muggy day so well done to the workers! A great achievement with expert guidance from Maurizio who is the experienced paver.
- Weeding Jan 2022Two trailer loads were collected from a productive morning in weed removal from Hospital Hill on Tues 25th Jan – looks much better now! Linda’s before and after photos show a big improvement.
- Floods 2022Photos taken on Jan 15th of the flood damage from the night before to Clyde Cameron reserve. The red line in the above map is an estimate of the extent of the flood water.
- Work with Catholic Students starts in Feb 21Some photos from our work with students in early February 2021. Unfortunately, Victorian Covid lock-down has future work in doubt.
- Deadly Nightshade BlitzA hot, but rewarding, evening’s work
- CCRG Report to WULN May 2013Clyde Cameron Reserve Group Report 14 May 2013The reserve is from the Pearce Street Bridge to the Foot Bridge.The trees the Corporation planted 30 years ago with House Creek in the distance.CCReserve is a flood plain.This is what the bank of House Creek Looked like when we started.One of the first sections we mulched…